The ARG82800 is an ASIL D PMIC for automotive control units, providing 4 power rails for microcontroller/DSP, sensors, CAN, memory, and other loads in the system. It includes a unique buck-boost (or buck) pre-regulator which is valuable for low Vbatt idle-stop requirements while continuing to provide 5 V output.
A key feature is the integration of 4× high-side gate drivers, typically used for battery disconnect and 3× phase disconnect in EPS systems. This can eliminate external component(s)/IC package, saving BOM cost and reducing PCB footprint.
Automotive Control Modules for:
- Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
- Transmission Control Units (TCU)
- Advanced Braking Systems (ABS)
- Emissions Control Modules
- Other automotive applications